PAHIYAS “Festival of Harvest and Blessings”
May 15, 2013 Wednesday LUCBAN, LILIW and NAGCARLAN
Package P 1288/pax till May 2013 Rate
Family/Barkada PROMO: 7person plus 1 FREE
The Pahiyas Festival is held in honor of San Isidro Labrador, the patron saint of farmers. It is an annual observation in thanksgiving for abundant harvests. Quezon folk decorate their homes with the choicest produce; they string fruits and vegetables together and make the “kiping,” the traditional Pahiyas décor of many colors. These are leaf-shaped wafers of rice makeup and looks like Spanish tacos; these are used to liven up halls and walls, and more craftily turned into arangya (chandeliers) that lighten up the town on fiesta night itself.
The literal meaning of “pahiyas” is actually decorating houses with kiping and vegetables. Aside from this, however, fruits, ropes and straw hats are also utilized. The decorating frenzy starts sometime before the actual fiesta, and the air is abuzz with healthy, friendly competition over who will have the best ornamented house that year. Whoever does gets a reward from the local government.
Other things to try out while there are the pancit hab-hab (which is eaten off banana leaves), the Lucban longganisa, the kiping that’s actually edible and is said to be best dipped in vinegar. Also, visit the Lucban Church and put on some straw hats
Itinerary Lucban and Liliw
4am : ETD Manila
- Mcdo Quezon Ave corner Edsa super near Quezon Ave MRT
- Caltex Boni Edsa super near MRT Boni
- Mcdo Buendia EDSA Makati near Buendia EDSA MRT
- Alabang Town Center Mcdonalds
9 am ETA in Lucban Photo Offs, Hear the Mass, Check out local sales
Visit the Kamay ni Jesus, Check out pansit habhab (pax account)
12 nn Lunch Regulated Buffet
2 pm Pasabog Sa Liliw and shoe shopping
4 pm : Nagkarlan if we have more time
5 pm : ETD back to Manila
- Aircon Tourist Bus
- Healthy Buffet Lunch,
- Halo Halo in Liliw w cheese
- Service of the Tour Coordinators
- And wholesome fun
- Travel Discount Certificate worth P 250 (will be emailed after the trip)
NOT INCLUDED: Breakfast, AM Snack, Tricycle around Lucban, Tip to the Tour Directors and Bus Driver.
- 1. First Come First Served Book and Buy Reservation (seats will be very limited)
- 3 dozen of lucban longaniza, broas, cassava cakes, will be raffled off to each bus after the trip, kaya ang saya saya!!!
- 3. Family and Barkada PROMO 7pax plus 1 Free
- Reservation is non refundable but transferable to others
- Please Fill up the blanks below and email to email@example.com Earliest possible to get your travel goal well organized.
- Company/Group: _______________________
Contact Person :___________________________
Land Line _____________________
Target EcoTour/Location: _______________
Target Date of Travel :_________________
Number of Participants: _______________
Incomplete information will not be entertained
- Payment can be made at Las Pinas Home Office or BDO or Metrobank (for patrons n friends)
- First come First Serve/Book and Buy/PAY Reservation which is non refundable, non rebookable, but transferable to chance passengers.
- ease scan the deposit slip and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can email back the trip voucher, detailed trip info and official receipt.
Thank you, Carpe Diem and GOD Bless
Violet C. Imperial
Nature Awareness & Conservation Club, Inc. (NonStock, NonProfit NGO)
6978723 (9am to 5pm Only) 09155101600 / 09322439478
Skype: MotherNatureAsia and Twitter: Mothernature888
My Life is GOD’s Gift to Me, what I do with it, is my Gift to HIM.