This idea was created while I am helping a group organize a Holy Land Tour. I was given the instruction that every senior citizen must have a medical clearance and a younger companion to assist him or her. Reasonable enough.
I got 3 inquiries that did not made the qualification. All elders are healthy but no younger companion to join them. Another 3 more inquiries that their children are willing to sponsor the trip but cannot go with their parents and grand parents.
During the trip I understand why.
1. Elders do need help going up and down the stairs.
2. Elders do need help in their bags.
3. Elders do need help in getting more food they still want to eat.
4. Elders do need somebody to listen to them on the trip but too shy to tell the tour leader.
5. Elders need to be reminded of the itinerary.
6. Elders need to be looked up if he/she can keep up with the group.
7. Elders need to be reminded of hydration and assisted in toilet brakes.
And Lately, I am meeting more Senior Citizen who want to travel because they have so much time. Inspired by Tito Boy, Tita Tet, Tito Rey, Tita Ruth, Tita Rita, Tito Frank, Tita Chay and Tito Ed and more
It is sooooooo much fun to be with them and learn from their very valuable experiences. It is so much fun to help and serve them because they do deserve respectable caring treatment at their age.
So I thought, since I love to travel and I love senior citizens. With background in caregiving school on caring for the elders and will still learn more. I can offer a service as Senior Citizens Travel Companions. Reflection came in during the Easter Mass at San Isidro Labrador 2014.
Just need to meet the requesting party and the Senior Citizen for the leveling up of expectations. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy to Help and Serve