TAAL Lake Cruise and Island Volcano Tour
Taal Volcano is a highly active volcano at the heart of a larger protected area established in 1996. The Taal Volcano Protected Landscape is composed of over 65,000 hectares in 13 towns and 3 cities, including Lipa City, Tanauan City and Tagaytay.
The entire area is a land of mystery and shrouded in myths. Most of the tourism is concentrated on Tagaytay Ridge and the shoreline of Talisay town. There are, however, other entry points to the crater as well as other attractions that a visitor would find interesting.
Pusod offers a glimpse of the ancient past of the region, debunking myths told about this mysterious caldera, exploring the archeological and biological mysteries from the viewpoint of scientists themselves all from the gentler side of the lake where the Tagalog culture is still most evident.
Pusod is primarily an environmental education NGO. No other tour can offer the wealth of information on the lake basin that Pusod can, as we were instrumental in all the 16 consultations undertaken for the management plan of the lake basin. Our tours also ensure as little economic leakage as possible, ensuring that local businesses are patronized and accredited guides regale you with the lake’s legends and the culture in the heartland of the Batangueños. Experts on Taal: a biologist, a geophysicist and an archeologist/journalist will also be guiding you by audio (on an MP3 we will loan you).
6:30/7: departure for an 8 am arrival in Taal Lake (site of future Taal Lake Conservation Center) short video presentation, don lifevest & get on the boat,
9:30 Arrive on Volcano Island Calauit side (cleaner, less crowded), get on horses or trek, take in the views
Crater Magic – view Vulcan Point – an island within a lake within an island within a lake within an island. Meditation and quiet time or chatting with island residents on the history of eruptions. Cold lemon grass tea, suman and fruits in season.
10:00 am Start riding down the volcano (optional swim in shallow portion in the middle of the lake)
11:30 Back at TLCC, Enjoy a sumptuous lunch of native and Batangas fusion cuisine, fresh buko on the shell.
After lunch, optional activities, including swimming, kayaking, biking, etc.
Back in Manila whatever time you like.
Rates for per person
Barkada 8 pax and above P1814
7 pax P1825
6 pax P1904
5 pax P1916
4 pax P2084
- Round Trip Boat Ride to and from Taal Volcano Island (Calauit side)
- Round Trip horse with accredited, knowledgeable guide
- Loan of an MP3 Player with recorded visitor interpretation (geophysicist, biologist, archeologist)
- One Copy of the TVPL Management Plan for group
- Snacks in crater and Buffet Lunch at TLCC of Batangas specialties.
- Protected Area fees and Entrance to TLCC
- Dust mask /TLCC bandana
- Group’s photos taken by guide to be posted on the net (private settings)
- Conservation contribution
- Use of a pair of binoculars for the group (additional bins for rent at P100)
- Micro-insurance for guides to cover for down period when tours are prohibited
- Use of kayak for the afternoon
NOTE transfers from Manila to the Center and back are excluded.
Marian Shrine tour (add entrance only)
Honey Bee Farm tour (add P30/person)
Bike rentals (P100/half day)
Tent for overnight (100/night/tent)
Visit to a coffee farm (entrance only)
Optional Van with Driver from Manila: daytrip 6,500 (max of 10pax capacity) inclusive of gas, driver, driver meals and stopovers as needed. Overnight van : 10,000.
TRIP INQUIRIES & RESERVATION
- Please Fill up the blanks below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org Earliest possible to get your travel goal well organized.
- Company/Group: _______________________
Contact Person :___________________________
Land Line _____________________
Target EcoTour/Location: _______________
Target Date of Travel :_________________
Number of Participants: _______________
Incomplete information will not be entertained